Tuesday 7 December 2021

IF I WERE A TREE ......


 IF I WERE A TREE ......


Were I a sweet blackberry nut tree

Standing restive on the strand of a river;

A sweet repository for many a bird and bee

Smug I would be to flourish my favour!


All, except the inanimate, would be my exhilarating guests

Dawns, noons, dusks and nights would be busy

Hospitalising all sans hostility and sans rests

Satiate I would like a Mother selflessly crazy.


Fishes beneath me wouldn’t go unrelished

Also, when all would enjoy a never ending feast,

Fanning of the breezes would have embellished

The chirps, humming and fluttering on my cosy breast.


But, if not I am, at present in reality so,

Should I not try my utmost to do an ounce

Of my fancy’s part before it does go

Baseless as the modern ministers pronounce?


@Shankar D Mishra 24.12.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment