Friday 10 December 2021

ONLY IF…………..

 


ONLY IF…………..


Only if I could grasp your tantalizing ‘Silence’ golden

To sculpt out of that a charming, alluring chain

To dangle fondly around my keen, fervent neck

To relish like a mountaineer on the enticing Everest Peak!


Only if I could enter your invincible fancy garden

To suck the sweet nectar like a voracious drone

To slake and satiate my infinite twitchy appetite

To be flittering, fluttering on the blooms in delight!


Only if I could have an easy access to your heart-throne

As an unrivalled modern Jason there to rule and reign

Set up a novel, unprecedented Empire

Most enviable would be to the onlookers’ glare!


Only if I could swim in your life’s blithe lake

Like a ferry to deliver my rapt impulses at stake

To heave a deep, content sigh of ecstatic relief

To soften with your silvery touch my guest grief.!


@Shankar D Mishra 31.12.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment