Friday 10 December 2021

GOD’S LETTER TO MAN

 


GOD’S LETTER TO MAN


O my dear, loving children,

I render in your hands the mundane Earth’s rein,

To take proper care of all other creatures,

Abiding by the injunctions of My Holy Scriptures!


You are my representatives ablest and loyalest,

Who can feel My heaviest burdens to unburden Me a little,

Who can efficiently and indiscriminately lead the rest,

Who are blessed with the Reason to earthly problems settle!


Sometimes, you have to undergo trial and tribulation,

So that you will never follow the path of breach and deviation,

You will never deem yourselves the sole Masters of My Domain,

You will never blindly deprive yourselves of returning to Heaven!


Hope, all of you will read and remember my Maha Shivratri’s Letter,

And, you will try your utmost to make the Earth of My Dream, better!


N.B: 1. The above poem is inspired by Guruji Varada Shenoy’s post, “I KNOW NOTHING NOW. WILL SOMEONE TEACH ME WHY WE ARE ON EARTH THIS LIFETIME?” TQ GURUJI.

2. Maha Shivratri is being celebrated in Odisha, India today.


Glossary:

Mundane – about the physical world

Rein – controlling power

Abiding by - obeying

Injunctions – orders/instructions

Trial and tribulation – sufferings

Breach and deviation – violation/breaking of moral code of conduct

Deem - consider

Domain – province/kingdom


©Shankar D Mishra, 08.06.2018

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment