Thursday 23 November 2017

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN ‘DAY AND NIGHT’

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN ‘DAY AND NIGHT’

 Lo! I am the ‘Booned Son’ of the Mother Nature,
Beyond belief is my indescribable Stature!
Lives endure as I lovingly nourish and nurture,
Yes, I do spread happiness, and sprinkle rapture!

I thoroughly comply with you, my dear younger brother:
You are brighter on Earth even than brightness,
I am your elder Sister, darker even than darkness,
You are the diurnal Ambrosia; I am the nocturnal Nectar!

But, you are distinguishable only due to my essential existence!
Ah! Without me! How could creatures have felt the difference?
I am the much needed refresher, energy booster and pain-reliever
Oh! Without me! Lives would have been surely drearier and duller!

Let us, hence, fall out no more over our superiority and inferiority.
Let our respective selfless and inevitable service be the topmost priority!


Glossary:
Endure – continue/last
 Diurnal – of the day/related to day
Nocturnal - of the night/ related to night
Fall out – argue/ have a fight

©Shankar D Mishra 23.11.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 184 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment