Monday 20 November 2017

AN HONEST CONFESSION OF A DISHONEST PERSON

AN HONEST CONFESSION OF A DISHONEST PERSON

O God! I am ever too idly busy to think of You,
I am ever too penny-pinching to offer a pittance for You,
Oh! I am ever too tall to bow and kneel before You,
Alas! The lenses of my eyes are too thick to perceive You!

O God! My memory is too full of idle stuffs to recall Your Name,
Oh! Submission for my too big a stature is a matter of sheer shame!
I do arrogantly proclaim, on my own merit and skill, I win every game,
For my every defeat, I do meanly shout and denounce, You are to blame!

O God! I am ever too hungry to follow Your magnanimous Generosity,
I am ever too elderly and dignified to accomplish ever my allotted Duty,
I am ever too thirsty to be ever quenched by Your indigestible Sermon water
Oh! I am ever too wealthy and well-heeled to accept You as my Benefactor!

O God! Aren’t I too unique and queer a species in Your great Creation?
Who else does then deserve better and faster than I the sweet Salvation?

Glossary:
 Penny-pinching – miserly
Pittance – a meager amount
Perceive – see/recognize
Recall - remember
Sheer – absolute/total
Arrogantly proclaim - proudly state publicly
Denounce – accuse/condemn
Magnanimous - kind
Generosity – bounteousness/charity
Well-heeled – rich/ well off
Benefactor - supporter
Queer – strange/surprising

©Shankar D Mishra 20.11.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 181 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment