Wednesday 22 November 2017

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN ‘HAPPINESS AND SORROW’

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN ‘HAPPINESS AND SORROW’

Hark! I am the ‘Darling Babe’ of one and all,
People pray to God for my rise, and your fall!
God is devoutly beseeched for your departure and my arrival,
For, your presence fetches a desert, and mine fans breeze Vernal!

Yes, I am, like the useful and bounteous Neem leaves, bitter
I am not at all a hateful Curse, as you mistake, altogether!
Lo! I do always teach people essential lessons more,
Whereas you open their misleading Overconfidence-door!

Hush! I am the very preferred destination of every living soul,
Behind every aspiring endeavour, I am the only goal!
I am praised, pampered and hugged by the whole world,
Undeniably, I am, of the most precious metals, the prettiest Gold!

However, my role is not so negligible as you deem,
I am the ‘Vital Brake’ to make man humble, disciplined and trim!
I am not so much unwanted as I do outwardly seem,
I am the stern Teacher to nourish man’s dream to shine and gleam!

Let us, from today, live harmoniously as the two sides of the same coin,
For, both of us are valued equally by the scrupulous, judicious and sane!


Glossary:
Devoutly  - sincerely
Beseeched - begged
Fetches – brings
Vernal – related to the Spring season
Hush - be quiet

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 22.11.2017

WhatsApp no. +918270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment