Wednesday 15 November 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME NOT........

PLEASE LEAVE ME NOT........

Please, leave me never in staggering, crippling  and shy shivers
Alienate me never as the hollow husks are blown away by farmers
As the boats abandon and forget the dry, withered and sandy rivers
As the crows’ nests are deceitfully left by the young cuckoos’ mothers!

Please, leave me never like an innocent, wretched infant, illegitimate
As a hungry man, after being fully fed, leaves ungratefully his empty plate
As the shells of grains are scattered after the kernels are eagerly extracted
As the boisterous stadiums are deserted forlornly after matches are played!

Please, leave me never like the poor, pitiable and hideous snake-slough
Please evaporate me never like exhaustion, disgustion and indignation puff
Please comb me never off like the filthy, irritating and obstinate dandruff
Please dump me never like unhygeinic, unwanted and left over dustbin stuff!

Please, leave me never, nor treat me like an unnecessary and used copy rough
Please deem me never ‘Good for nothing’ or redundant like a slice of stale loaf
For, you have been, in your ignorance, my very heartbeat and my life’s breath
Do trust. Without you I would gladly prefer to kiss, cuddle and clasp “Death!”

Glossary:
Staggering – overwhelming/shocking
Alienate - separate from/ distance
Deceitfully  – unfaithfully
Illegitimate – unlawful/ illegal
Boisterous – lively
Forlornly – desolately/miserably
Hideous – ugly
Redundant - uncalled-for/ unneeded

©Shankar D Mishra 15.11.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 177 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment