Sunday 12 November 2017

OH! MY HARROWING, WOLVISH AND ENDLESS HUNGER!

OH! MY HARROWING, WOLVISH AND ENDLESS HUNGER!

Yes, I munch and devour at dawn, at noon and at night,
Oh! Yet my stomach is ever loose and empty, never tight!
Alas! I am ever too Hungry to be ever placated and satisfied,
Notwithstanding, how often, how long and how much I am fed!

Yes, I bite and gulp in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening,
The less my wolvish Hunger is satiated, the more gluttonously I sting!
Oh! Foods are shrunk at and scared of me, the unbeatably Hunger King
Alas! Wherever falls my greedy gaze, it does ever only Hunger song sing!

Oh! I never fall an easy prey to the Conscientious indigestion,
I am never pricked and pinched an iota by Scruple’s compunction,
I am ever feeble and emaciated, never a victim of detachment obesity
Even if I never do exercises of maintaining restraints, or doing charity!

What else can I brashly enlighten you about me, and my brazen Hunger?
The more I voraciously guzzle, stretches endlessly longer my tongue of Hunger!

Glossary:
Harrowing – disturbing/ distressing
Wolvish – hungry like a wolf
Devour - eat greedily
Placated – pacified, satisfied
Notwithstanding – no matter
Gluttonously – greedily/ hungrily
Compunction – regret
Emaciated – shrunken
An iota – a bit
Restraints -self-controls
Brashly – shamelessly
Brazen – shameless
voraciously guzzle - hungrily gulp

©Shankar D Mishra 12.11.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 174 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment