Monday 13 November 2017

LET ME ABSORB AND DRY ALL THE SOUREST AND BITTEREST TEARS!

LET ME ABSORB AND DRY ALL THE SOUREST AND BITTEREST TEARS!

Ouch! Every drop of costliest tearing tear if ever one does shed,
Never does it go, my sensible friend, unpaid;
For, those sorts of forced, suppressed  and hapless tears are red,
Thus, they are never uselessly and in vain bled!

Hark! Nothing ever escapes God’s unblinking and unbiased Eyes!
The guilty and the innocent, the foolish and the wise,
Are ever aptly sent their respective either hellish or heavenly prize
In proportion to their vicious or virtuous actions’ size!

O God! Let me never be an unwanted cause for anyone’s tears
Let none have for me trepidations or spine shivering fears
Let me seek, at the cost of happiness, what every malady cures
Let me embrace gladly what my entry for Heaven ensures!

O God! Thus, let me absorb and dry all the sourest and bitterest tears!
In return for Salvation, I can lick all unjust charges and digest all complaints!

Glossary:
Malady – trouble/disease
Trepidations – fears/anxietries

©Shankar D Mishra 13.11.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 175 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment