Tuesday 23 May 2017

I

I


I am ever prone to finding an easy shortcut to success
Skilled at, by hook or by crook, winning the race!
I am ever susceptible to relish and enjoy blood and flesh
Rash and reckless to roam untying my Conscience’s Lace!

I am adroit at blossoming pseudo and spurious smiles
Peerless in practising many gullible and devious guiles
Accustomed to playing the ignoble and vile
Pretending, after two scores of age, to be still puerile!

I am efficient in barnishing untruth and wrong
Well-accomplished in coining broken a prose a sweet song
Shrewd and wily to hoodwink all including myself
Diplomatic enough to define exploitation as a new pelf!

I am well-versed with practising inconceivable pretence
Talented enough to win not only hearts but also credence
Deft and trained to make hay even in the heavy rains
A professional to muster gains even without any pains!

I am competent in accomplishing enticing conceits
A master craftsman in cultivating delicious deceits
Under all circumstances fully adaptable and fit
Than a philanthropic Samaritan more a little bit!

I can overshadow anyone in tactics and treachery
Supersede effortlessly anyone in obnoxious lechery!
I am more clean and tidy in culpable perjury
A commendable artist in unusual forgery!

I am flawless and infallible in base bewitchery
Heartless and boastful in savage butchery
Bent, lent and indulgent in worst debauchery
Oh! World famous for my foolproof witchery!

In changing colours, I can beat an unbeatable chameleon
You can find me only one in an innumerable trillion!
I am Modern Time’s the superlative scion
I am the concrete jungle’s pet, loving Lion!

I am learned to extract cream from stagnant water
I am efficient in churning from catchy words butter
In cunningness I am smarter than the smartest
Trust me, I am the matchless traitor in every respect!

I am better a preacher than a desirable practitioner
I can hardly be stunned albeit an incredible stunner
I can surpass the shrewdest diplomats in diplomacy
Yes, no better hypocrites can equal me in hypocrisy!

I am really sad to say, “Glad to meet you!”
I am really glad to bid, “Sad to see off you!”
I am really pained to pronounce, “Pinnacle be with you!”
I am really thankless to wish, “I am so much thankful to you!”

Oh! I can swim like fish over the fresh dawn’s dew
I am the oldest, cheapest wine in the costliest bottle new
I am an honest human being though all my debts are overdue
O that! I could truly determine my intricate “I’s” Real Hue!

N.B: This poem is inspired by Dasharath Naik Sir’s poem “I SANS ME’. Thank u Dasharath Sir for inspiring me.

* devious – tricky/ tricky
*two scores – twenty plus twenty
* puerile – childish/immature
* bewitchery – the power to control natural forces through supernatural means
* butchery – savage killing of a large number of people/animals
* debauchery – excessive indulgent in sex, alcohol or drugs
*witchery – the use of supernatural powers to influence or predict events
* albeit – although

©Shankar D Mishra 23.03.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends. Tx

3 comments: