Wednesday 3 May 2017

O GOD! LET ME BE A FLOWER AT THY FEET!


O GOD! LET ME BE A FLOWER AT THY FEET!


O God! Thou hast blest me with a wonderful life
A chaste, devout, ever loving and caring wife,
Gusto, zeal, vigour and valour to win the cold strife.
Ah! Thou art Omni-present, and Thy miracle is rife.

Thou hast bestowed on me Reason to hug virtue and skip sin
Thou hast poured on me scruples to be noble, and not be mean
Thou hast endowed on me power to consume for the needy
Thou hast enriched me with a conscience never to be greedy!

Thou hast gifted me with unique parents, who brought me here
So that I can, by means of good deeds, make the world better
Can leave an indelible footprint by means of your Divine Grace
Can blossom like a flower to spray peace, and heavenly solace!

But, let me be granted, O the Ocean of Mercy a last wish!
Let me be a man of flower to lie at Thy Sacred Lotus feet
And enjoy Thy first gracious, purifying Glance, a rare treat,
Lest, snared by mundane mire, I should miss salvation- Bliss!


©Shankar D Mishra 03.05.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends. Tx.

No comments:

Post a Comment