Tuesday 2 May 2017

THE SOLILOQUY OF A MIRROR

THE SOLILOQUY OF A MIRROR

I am a lifeless Mirror, yet livelier than anyone else
I am eyeless, yet I can see better than anyone else
I am not a judge, yet my judgment is unquestionable
I have no brain, yet my conscience is unfathomable!

I am only an honorary representative of the Almighty God
I am only a selfless benefactor to obey the Decree of my Lord
I am only an unbiased volunteer to serve you dutifully unpaid
Yes, under all circumstances, I am calm, passive and fully staid!

I have no role in praising or despising your outward contour
I am to only apprise whether it is sweet normal or abnormal sour.
So, let me neither be lavishly eulogized, nor be bitterly censured
Let me not be grimaced, nor be dotingly hugged with a reward!

Without my free service, how can you assess your fleshy features
How can you beautify and embellish you, the mortal creatures?
I am only a detached and obedient disciple of the great Nature
I wish you all to follow my untrodden footprints, and nurture.

Listen! There is a subtle mirror meticulously set in every person.
Have you ever peeped into to see its impartial manifestation?
It exhibits your Inner Self in an incredibly explicit fashion,
Follow it every passing instant for Moksha – your Destination.


* SOLILOQUY – a talking to oneself, a speech of this nature made by a character in a play
* eulogized – praised excessively, * grimaced – made a disagreeable face

This poem is inspired by Sylvia Plath’s poem “Mirror’.

©Shankar D Mishra 02.05.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends. Tx.

No comments:

Post a Comment