Friday 19 May 2017

MY FLUKE MEETING WITH A LOVELY LISSOM BUD


MY FLUKE MEETING WITH A LOVELY LISSOM BUD

Oh! Today, I stumbled upon a lovely, lissom bud
Swaying placidly to and fro all alone on a lively stem!
A rare, unique and enthralling creation of the Lord,
No less worthy than a costly, captivating Ruby gem!

It seemed  to have surpassed in Mirth Wordsworth’s daffodils
And in its ever lasting lustre and sparking tenderness!
Prettier was than the Last Crysanthemum of Thomas Hardy’s,
The more I glanced at it, the more I sucked solace!

In its vivacious vicinity I derived a strange, sweet aroma
It was, perhaps,  at the acme of success in its life’s drama.
My entrancing fluke meeting with it will linger  so long
It will add to more melodious music to my life’s song!

Though I bade it a reluctant bye after a short, relishing sojourn
Till last breath, I’ll fondle, caress it and in me with love adorn.


*fluke [here used as an adjective]- coincidental
* stumbled upon – met suddenly
* lissom – soft,  *vivacious - lively
* vicinity – nearness

N.B: Wordsworth wrote the world famous peom ‘To Daffodils’.
Thomas Hardy wrote the peom ‘The Last Chrysanthemum’.

©Shankar D Mishra 24.04.2018

4 comments:

  1. Considering lissom as a gleesome foursome soft beauty, every onlooker has an invitation duty, to speak to each other person he sees, o this is a beauty you should seize. Post the cited poems for a comfortable reminder. I would like to add a happy rejoinder. Congratulations, compliments and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful......can I liken the poems title to this meaning......."coincidental meeting with a lovely soft bud"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lines of emotion with a quite mesmerizing fragrance Sir................. Jai Shree Radha Madhaba

    ReplyDelete