Tuesday 16 May 2017

A TRIBUTE TO A WORTHY FRIEND


A TRIBUTE TO A WORTHY FRIEND

A shy, reticent, avid and astute pen
Lives amicably in an enlightened den
Endowed with an enviably sagacious brain
The less it strains the more it does wit rain!

Blessed with a staunch, passive tolerant heart
Mouled in the womb to play a just, judicious part
Devised to abstain from inequality and injustice
Adorned, till tomb’s call, to render selfless service!

Despotic dominance and repulsive discrimination
Are his worst foes; abhorrent to power and position
Hatred for mundane and materialistic accumulation
Inch him closer to an ever lasting satisfaction!

Distress of the downtrodden brings him more distress
Partiality and favouritism sting him deep and immense
In the laughters of language he finds blithe happiness
His motto of life makes the world a better, sweeter place!

O that I had owned an ounce as my worthy, humble pal does
The Earth would have been a more beautiful, lovelier lodge
Peace, harmony and fellow feelings had been in abundance
Gift of this transient birth would have been a golden chance!

N.B: The above poem is dedicated to Cijo joseph chenneli. I was inspired to compose this poem after my personal interaction with him and some inputs that he furnished me on my request so that I could write an authentic piece on him. Coincidentally, no sooner did I complete this poem today in the afternoon, than I received the message that he has been conferred upon the Honorary Doctorate Degree for his contribution to the world of literature as an immaculate Critic. Thank God for bringing such a happy moment for all literary lovers. Bye all.

* repulsive – ugly

©Shankar D Mishra Posted on my blog on 16.05.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends. Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment