Saturday 6 May 2017

THE INAUDIBLE CONVULSIVE EPIC OF MY LIFE / MY BATTERED LIFE IN A NUT SHELL

THE INAUDIBLE CONVULSIVE EPIC OF MY LIFE /
MY BATTERED LIFE IN A NUT SHELL


Ah! At the very dawn of my troublesome life
I was over exposed to an adverse strife
That has been till today too acutely rife,
Coerced me to walk on a sharp edged pang-knife.

Dawn usually ushers all into a bright, jolly, de-light
To watch gleefully the recession of gloomy, grief-night
To bask blithely in the warmth of the gay, smiling Sun
To re-start a jocund journey of joy, humour and fun.

But, alas! The merciless deluge of misery inundated me,
Snatched my Father forever from my marooned family
When I was barely one and half years. Who can bear to see?
Still today I cannot recollect his contour, and how was he.

The buffets of poverty was so bitterly devastating and strong
That it left me flip and flap my helpless limbs like battered wings
 In the tumultuous space of sorrows chronic, deep and long
Ah! An inaudible, convulsive epic my tortured, deprived life sings!

Yet, blame I not either the Almighty or my soured, wretched Fate
Content enough I am to play the dignified part assigned till death.
Resolved, never to embitter anyone’s life with my insipid bitterness
Sworn solemnly to run lonely, steadily until ends my honest Race.


©Shankar D Mishra 06.05.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends. Tx.

No comments:

Post a Comment