Saturday 11 August 2018

WHEN MY BELOVED DOES SMILE.....

WHEN MY BELOVED DOES SMILE......

Oh! When my beloved does smile,
With a doleful sigh, even the Full Moon lags behind miles!
Out of embarrassment, She turns away Her dim and pale face!
Then, how much radiates my beloved's smile, you can easily guess!

Oh! When smiles my beloved,
With her smiles' 'halo' darkness of night dries from the sky,
Applause and accolades for their charms soar unimaginably high,
For, her smiles' grace and glitter leave no puzzle of life unsolved!

Oh! When smiles my beloved sweetie,
Both bitterness and sourness flee on the eyes of her unmatched beauty!
Yes, she smiles enviable smiles which can  extract Virtue even from vile,
And shower ecstasy even more than the waters of the biggest River, Nile!

Yes, my beloved's smiles keep my gnawing miseries of life at bay,
Bloom blissfully blossoms with their sunny, shining and supple ray!
When my beloved smiles, dies my doldrum; soon rises my immeasurable joy,
Thus, I do ever float in an ocean of beatitude like a light, delirious buoy!

*Halo - a ring of light
*Buoy - a floating object
*Beatitude - extreme happiness
* Delirious - over excited

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra  11.08.2018
Please forward this poem to all. Tq.

3 comments: