Thursday 30 August 2018

Sometimes And At Other Times

SOMETIMES AND AT OTHER TIMES

I am a huge nought; and a gigantic nothing is mine.
Everything is due to the magnanimous Grace Divine:
I am, sometimes, a marshy, swampy and soiled swine
At other times, a peculiar, fierce, pernicious porcupine
Sometimes, some intoxicated, wild and indulgent wine
At other times, a star sine any stardom or any shine!

Sometimes, on my sham seductive lips I do smile
At other times, I keep storing and piling sins vile.
Sometimes, I am thirsty of sowing savage breed
At other times, I am hungry of reaping grains greed.
Sometimes, I live on nothing but the forbidden food
At other times, I am a husky chaff nothing for good
Sometimes, I exist like a hollow, void and vacuumed entity
At other times, I build castles on the revery-anvil of eternity.

N.B: Here is an exception to the traditional Petrarchan sonnet form of an Octave and a Sestet.
Sine means without.

*This sonnet is the result of one of my friends’ praising me after my comment on his poem, posted on his Timeline yesterday, i.e., 15.02.2017

©Shankar D Mishra   16 .02.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment