Thursday 30 August 2018

NO

Who can buy me a kind of adhesive glue
That can join a sublte, broken and bleeding heart?
Who can find for me a bar of purifying soap
That can cleanse and douse a mind’s rigid dirt?

Who can give me an encashable cheque
That can find for me pure, pristine and platonic love?
Who can cook for me the sumptuous, delicious dish
That can please an insatiable appetite to serve?

Who can discover a panacean, painkilling pill
That can cure the eczema of bewildering distrust?
Who can show me a bubble of fleeting renown
That ,one moment or the other, doesn’t burst?

Who can prescribe me a healing, soothing medicine
That can remedy an invisible, undisplayable wound?
Who can bring me back the original shape of a betel leaf
After it has been mercilessly, gleefully munched and ground?

Who can me the ridiculous, unacknowledgeable way
That can churn out costly cream out of salty water
Who can bluntly challenge me to deny
That ‘Conscience’ is the best, wisest Tutor?

Who can prepare for me a mouthwatering spice
That can restore the lost flavour of charred love?
Who can fetch me an unsellable and unbuyable ticket
That can enroll me in the list of an immortal Club?

Who can create a rare, unique and heavenly Balm
That can revive and revitalize a burnt, perished emotion?
Who can devise an unimaginable, intangible flight
That can convey me on the path of blissful salvation?

©Shankar D Mishra    20.01.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment