Friday 31 August 2018

TO BOOKS: MY REAL FRIENDS




TO BOOKS: MY REAL FRIENDS

To speak in the truest sense of the term, as thou art,
No one else under the heaven so helpful has been to me,
So generous a stream to quench my unceasing thirst!
So selfless a Milch Cow to bless me with thy knowledge cream!

Thou art my weapon to ward off ignorance dark
In my desert mind, thou art an oasis-like park,
I inhale the fragrance of the lotus from thee
Thou art the root of this poor human tree!

The company of thine is as sweet as honey
Ah! Thou art to me as sacred as a shrine.
Thou art to me indeed a bounteous Egyptian Nile
Severance from thee for an instant dost ever me rile.

Thou art verily an incarnation of ever Merciful God
Thou art the life sustaining sap and I am the bud
Thou art the dazzling Sun, myself, the monotonous moon.
Thou art to me, on the Earth, irrefutably a priceless boon!

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 
WhatsApp number:+91 8270604524

10 comments:

  1. Wow Poem on books. Excellent ink. Appreciated very much for your taste and interest in books which is revealed here as it's self explanatory in the case of your book reading habits and enjoyment. 👌😊👍🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome yeah sorry nothing better than books and I really appreciated your right

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just mind blowing 🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Really good. Best wishes Sir

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayatree Mishra23 April 2022 at 14:58

    The poem is just amazing and very much inspiring .
    The importance of books in one's life is just priceless..
    It helps to beautify one's thoughts and imagination to the next level .
    Imagining life without books will be too boring.
    But it is great to know that u have a fabulous taste and interest in books .
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find , mere words are not enough to praise your poetic presentations.i pray to God to bless you with a healthy and peaceful long life so that lot many fantastic poems will take birth and shape in our society. These are really needed for our welfare and shaping our thoughts for the new generation. Thank you, Shankar ji. All the best wishes!👌👏🙏💐😍

    ReplyDelete