Monday 27 August 2018

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN 'LIFE AND DEATH'

A DIALOGUE BETWEEN ‘LIFE AND DEATH’

O Death! With my bounteous blessings and benedictions,
All the living beings feel being on the top of the world!
Joys become boundless, and past speech are their elations,
Greenery of laughters, my advent, does exultantly herald!

O heartless Death! Unlike me, you are ever a wet carpet,
You do snatch innocent smiles, and butcher pure happiness!
To cordially welcome all, I spread a warm and red carpet,
I am a synonym of action and growth, an ever Divine Grace!

Dear Life, you do try for Happiness; I do toil for Newness,
You burden all with sore cares; I release them from mires!
I wash your dirty garments, and stitch for you new dresses,
I am a boon to all in disguise though none for this admires!

For sound and refreshing rest, I lay beds for the tired souls to retire,
I am only a loyal servant of Time the judicious, impartial and sincere!
I’ve been employ’d, with no remuneration, for the public welfare,
Ceaselessly and unreluctantly, my assigned, relevant duties I render!

My dear, I never visit anyone until one’s well-timed Knell is rung,
I never intrude anywhere unless my duty Roll is flawlessly sung!
I never enjoy witnessing anyone in bitter and helpless tears,
One who accepts both of ‘Us’ alike, a Heavenly Ticket ensures!

Glossary:
Benedictions - blessings
Exultantly – delightedly
Herald - announce
Remuneration – payment/fee
Unreluctantly – willingly
Knell – death bell
Intrude - break in/enter by force
Flawlessly - faultlessly

©Shankar D Mishra 24.11.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 185 poems till date.
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment