Thursday 30 August 2018

MY MOTHER

MY MOTHER

In sweetness dwells eternal Beauty
In Beauty is cached ecstatic sweetness.
Both cascade from God’s Infinite Grace
They, whom they hug, are species of rarity.

I thank God, for my Mother is bestowed with both,
Whose very name surges around me the waves of mirth,
Whose contribution is past any mundane measure,
Who, Herself, is to me an invaluable treasure.

Who else can quench my nagging thirst faster?
Who else can satiate my niggling appetite better?
Who else can heal my acute wounds more efficaciously?
Who else can cater to my needs more magnanimously?

She is to me, indeed, a mortal Deity par excellence
Ah! To be Her son, really adds an immense sense.

This poem is dedicated to the fond of my FB friend Asit Lahiri Sir of her mother on her Death Anniversary that fell yesterday.

@Shankar D Mishra   03.01.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment