Wednesday 15 February 2023

HAD YOU NOT BEEN IN MY LIFE......

 

HAD YOU NOT BEEN IN MY LIFE......

O my Love! Had you not been in my life;
I must have shunned the desire to triumph the strife,
I must have long since been a vanquished and bleeding soldier,
I must have been slumbering inside oblivion 's seath like an ignoble loser!

O my Love! Had I not been blessed with your invaluable succour;
I must have been drowned in the fatal whirlpool of turbulence,
I couldn't have swum alone, against the fiercest currents, to reach the shore,
I must have been rather a wind beaten sailor sans fortitude and sans patience!

O my Love! Had you not been destined to come in my life;
I must have been tormented by desolation's cruel whip and destitution's sharp knife,
I couldn't have mustered the strength to stand, let alone win a Marathon race,
I must have been addressed as an earthly alien without a human face!

O my Love! My hope rays must have been eclipsed without your arrival,
Taking the vital breaths without you must have been impossible for survival.
Thus, I must thank God for His fathomless mercy and  boundless care,
But for which, the length of my woes must have been more, and joys really rare!

This poem is based on the song of a Hindi Movie AGAR TUM TA HOTE.


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 15.02.2023

3 comments:

  1. Excellent compo dear .Agar tum na hote to ye gana mere pic mein nahin hota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is yr love that u feel me in such a way.Nicely composed.Blessing of God &yr parents ,fans,well-wishers ,relatives inlaws ,friends are always with u.lots of love.

    ReplyDelete