Thursday 16 February 2023

O MY DARLING! DO UNMUTE AND TELL.


O MY DARLING! DO UNMUTE AND TELL.

O my Darling! Will you return or not, do solemnly unmute and tell?
Will my Love blooms spray their fresh fragrance again or not, do tell?
Will Love home's rapt steps, doors and yards await your return, do seriously tell?
Or, you will remain an unfulfilled reverie like a fairy tale, do swiftly unmute and tell?

O my Darling! Trust you may or not, but it's not at all far from the truth:
The Moon of my Love openly resents to smile even for a while,
The colourful Spring of my Love seems dull like a defoliated tree in sooth,
And the sweet symphony of my Love's Koyel 
does, in your absence, only rile!

N. B.: The above poem is the English version of an Odia poem, "Kuha Tume Asiba Ki Nahi" written by Mr. Prassanna Kumar Mondal.


Copyright: Dr Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 16.02.2023
Image Courtesy :You Tube




No comments:

Post a Comment