Thursday 2 February 2023

THE SOLILOQUY OF A WINDOW

 

THE SOLILOQUY OF A WINDOW

 

Lo! I am ever a driven and prompted window, like the tied cattle,

Ever operated by man, unaware, when to stand and when to settle!

Lotus and lily are my friends, who’re guided by the Sun and the Moon,

While, deplorably, I’m ever at the disposal of a social beast called ‘man’!

 

I am a double faced mirror that can view during day and night as well,

I am an offspring of uncertainty; sometimes like an orphan, I’m ill treated,

At other times, like an emperor, I am, with love and adoration, greeted,

Still, I neither droop down like a dry leaf, nor with pride or ego I ever swell!

 

Like the fragrant flowers I smile, and like dry forlorn leaves I shed tears sour,

As the sandal stems I am kissed here, while the wasps of woes sting me there!

When I am awake like the eyes of god, I bring the lights of happiness and bliss,

When I am shut as the tired eye lids, men slumber without fear and in peace!

 

As a Saint, I keep telling a sermon to the ever unquenched and unhappy man,

“To be blessed, do your duty with the same sincerity, if it’s dusk or it’s dawn!”

 

 02.02.2023


No comments:

Post a Comment