Thursday 20 April 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ ସନେଟ "ହୁଲିଡ଼ଙ୍ଗା"/ TRANSLATED ENGLISH SONNET "LIFEBOAT"



LIFEBOAT

My life has solemnly taken an oath to live at all costs,
Thus, singing tearful songs, I'm blooming smiles on lips' petals!
In the torturous mango groves heartful impulses set the music,
My morose mind looks for the moon's lustre at nights dark and tragic!

I'm a dimming lamp of hope in the pessimistic hurricanes 
On the laps of fallen flowers, I'm the plunging sweet fragrance,
In the distant sky upon a desert I'm a patch of fleeting floating cloud,
I'm ever a wayfarer unwanted and uncalled for inside a nameless shroud!

I'm the scrap of a missive without any destination or any address,
I'm the singeing base of an earthen diya that ever negotiates with darkness,
I symbolize bereavement since marriage like a lost sandy river sans rains,
My tyrannous works, since birth, have been composing death's quatrains !

Yes, I'm a lost life boat, in the faraway sea, prone to tempests,
In the poor thatched cottage of Time, I'm a torn and worn address!

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 19.04.2023
Image courtesy: Google 

N.B. – The above Sonnet is the English version of an original Odia Sonnet “ହୁଲିଡ଼ଙ୍ଗା /HULIDANGA" written by Mrs. Amrita Singh, a teacher by profession, Jajpur, Odisha.

ବି. ଦ୍ର. :- ଯେଉଁ ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବି ମାନେ ସେମାନଙ୍କ ଓଡ଼ିଆ ରଚନା ର ଇଂଲିଶ ରୂପାନ୍ତର ଡ଼. ମିଶ୍ରଙ୍କ ଦ୍ୱାରା କରେଇବା ପାଇଁ ଇଛୁକ, ସେମାନେ ଏହି Whatsapp ନୁମ୍ବର ରେ ଯୋଗାଯୋଗ କରିପାରିବେ l (8249297412)

Please share this poem to your friends to enjoy reading it. Thank you. 🌹❤️❤️🙏

ଦୟାକରି ଏହି କବିତା ଟି ଆପଣଙ୍କ Whatsapp ଓ Facebook ସାଙ୍ଗ ମାନଙ୍କୁ share କରି ସେମାନଙ୍କୁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଏହାକୁ ପଢି ଉପଭୋଗ କରିବାକୁ ସୁଯୋଗ ଦିଅନ୍ତୁ l ଧନ୍ୟବାଦ 🙏❤️🌹🙏

3 comments:

  1. Where are the iambic pentameters? there is none, nether in the english translation nor in the original odia poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. If either the poem in Odia or its translation is at all a sonnet where are the ismbic pentameters? how can there be a sonnet without the series of iamba in each line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. either the poem in Odia or its translation is at all a sonnet where are the iambic pentameters? how can there be a sonnet without the series of iambs in each line?

    ReplyDelete