Saturday 25 March 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଗୀତ "ମୁଁ ଭଲ ପାଇ କେତେ ଭୁଲ କରିଥିଲି !" / "TRANSLATED ENGLISH POEM "ALAS! I COMMITTED SUCH A BLUNDER….."

 


ALAS! I COMMITTED SUCH A BLUNDER…..

Alas! I committed such a grave blunder

In falling in love with you that I lost my own trust!

In you, a fluorescent flame of love, I did once discover 

Which did prove, at length, more momentary than frost!

 

I still fondly remember my sweet maiden meeting with you.

I still warmly bear in mind how I was drifted like a jolly boat

By the high tides of modesty that did in your alluring eyes float

That drew me closer to you as attracts butterflies a blossom new!

 

But, what do I view in those spell-binding eyes today perchance?

A desert of distrust has replaced a river of sacrifice and reliance!

Please return me my intense and unalloyed love that I had gifted you

Alas! My love’s heavenly trust is in hellish rust today owing to you!

O my Goodness! How loyally and  lavishly I once poured on you!

 

Please return me my intense and unalloyed love that I had gifted you.

Alas! My love’s heavenly trust is in hellish rust today owing to you!

O my Goodness! How loyally and lavishly I once poured on you!

Ah! Now, beset with deathly darkness, I am burning in the fire of despair.

Alas! I committed  such a remorseful blunder in falling in love with you!

Alas! I committed  such a regrettable blunder in falling in love with you!

 

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India     25.03.2023

Image credit : Sidharth Music 

N.B. This poem is based on an Odia Lyric “MU BHALA PAI KETE BHUL KARITHILI” composed by Shri Bishnupada Sethi, IAS,  the Principal Secretary, Higher Education Dept.  Odisha.


ବି. ଦ୍ର. :- ଯେଉଁ ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବି ମାନେ ସେମାନଙ୍କ ଓଡ଼ିଆ ରଚନା ଇଂଲିଶ ରୂପାନ୍ତର ଡ଼. ମିଶ୍ରଙ୍କ ଦ୍ୱାରା କରେଇବା ପାଇଁ ଇଛୁକ, ସେମାନେ ଏହି Whatsapp ନୁମ୍ବର ରେ ଯୋଗାଯୋଗ କରିପାରିବେ l (8249297412)

Please share this poem to your friends to enjoy reading it. Thank you. 🌹️🙏

ଦୟାକରି ଏହି କବିତା ଟି ଆପଣଙ୍କ ସାଙ୍ଗ ମାନଙ୍କୁ share କରି ସେମାନଙ୍କୁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଏହାକୁ ପଢି ଉପଭୋଗ କରିବାକୁ ସୁଯୋଗ ଦିଅନ୍ତୁ l ଧନ୍ୟବାଦ 🙏️🌹🙏


No comments:

Post a Comment