Tuesday 21 March 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବିତା "ଦ୍ଵନ୍ଦ" / TRANSLATED ENGLISH POEM "CONFUSION"

 


*** ଦ୍ବନ୍ଦ୍ବ ***

ତମକୁ ଦେଖି ମୋ'
ଅଗଣାରେ ଜହ୍ନ
ଆସୁନାହିଁ ଆମ ଗାଆଁ ,
ସଜ କୁଆଁରୀଏ
ସଂଜ ରେ ଲୁଚନ୍ତି
ଗାଅାଁ ଲାଗେ ଖାଁ ଖାଁ  ।

Oh! The jealous Moon has ceased to visit our village,
For, She peeped through the window of the sky that day,
And  found you rejoicing in my life's yard to Her utter dismay;
And village virgins shy away from lighting diyas in the temple in rage,
Thus, desolation and gloom sadly haunt the village, they say!

ମେଘକୁ ଆଡ଼େଇ
ଜହ୍ନ ଖୋଜୁ ଥିଲି
ଦିଶି ଗଲା ତୁମ ମୁହଁ ,
ବୁଲି ପଡ଼ି ଦେଖେ
ଏକୁଟିଆ ବସି
କୁଆଁତାରା ଢାଳେ ଲୁହ ।

While I was putting aside the veils of the dark clouds to see the Moon,
Your face, like a bolt from the blue, came to my gaping view like a boon;
But, alas! To my utmost surprise, turning back I beheld the Polestar 
Squatting alone shedding oceans of bitter tears in humiliation sheer!

କେଜାଣି କାହିଁକି
ତମ ମୁହଁ ଦେଖି
ଜହ୍ନକୁ ଖତେଇ ହୁଏଁ ?
ଜହ୍ନ ଲୁଚି ଗଲେ
ମେଘ କାନି ତଳେ
ତୁମକୁ ନିରେଖି ଚାହେଁ ।

It remains ambiguous too why I look down upon the Moon,
As soon as I have a fluke of having a glimpse of you to joyously croon!
And no sooner does the Moon leave the firmament with a sigh,
Than I do cast my unblinking eyes upon you, with my spirits soaring high!

ସତ କୁହ ପ୍ରିୟା
କେଉଁ ସରଗରୁ
ସରାଗେ ଆସିଛ ଧାଇଁ ,
ତମ ଲାଗି ପ୍ରିୟା
ଜହ୍ନକୁ ନପାଇ
କଇଁ କାନ୍ଦେ କଇଁକଇଁ  ।
ଜହ୍ନ ଆଡ଼େ ଆଉ
ଯାଉ ନାହିଁ ଆଖି
ତମକୁ ଦେଖିଲା ପରେ ,
ଯେବେ ମୁଁ ଦେଖୁଛି
ଦ୍ବନ୍ଦ୍ବରେ ପଡ଼ୁଛି
ଜହ୍ନକୁ ତୁମ ସାଥିରେ ।

O Darling! Do speak the sooth from what a heaven you've descended,
For, the bereaved Lilies have been sobbing since the Moon from the sky had fled?
Indeed, once my blissful eyes fell on you, I've stopped looking at the Moon 
But, whenever I happen to see you in Moon's company confusion besets me soon!


N. B. : This poem is the translated version of an Odia poem "DWANDA" / "ଦ୍ଵନ୍ଦ" written by Santosh Kumar Ojha.

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Sr. Lecturer in English, Kalinga Bharati Sanskrit College, Balichandrapur, Jajpur, Odisha, India Dated: 21th March 2023


Image credit: Google

ବି. ଦ୍ର. :- ଯେଉଁ ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବି ମାନେ ସେମାନଙ୍କ ଓଡ଼ିଆ ରଚନା ର ଇଂଲିଶ ରୂପାନ୍ତର ଡ଼. ମିଶ୍ରଙ୍କ ଦ୍ୱାରା କରେଇବା ପାଇଁ ଇଛୁକ, ସେମାନେ ଏହି Whatsapp ନୁମ୍ବର ରେ ଯୋଗାଯୋଗ କରିପାରିବେ l (8249297412)

Please share this poem to your friends to enjoy reading it. Thank you. 🌹❤️❤️🙏

ଦୟାକରି ଏହି କବିତା ଟି ଆପଣଙ୍କ ସାଙ୍ଗ ମାନଙ୍କୁ share କରି ସେମାନଙ୍କୁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଏହାକୁ ପଢି ଉପଭୋଗ କରିବାକୁ ସୁଯୋଗ ଦିଅନ୍ତୁ l ଧନ୍ୟବାଦ 🙏❤️🌹🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment