Thursday 9 March 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବିତା ଧୂଳି /TRANSLATED POEM "DUST"








DUST

I’m the dust particle beneath the Sky-

The most negligible and the most insignificant;

Wherever I may travel or wherever I may lie,

I’m never ever boastful, conceited and arrogant.

 

Oh! I’m ever crushed under the relentless feet

Either of man or of the beast tiny and giant;

I’m, however, never found in life reactive or hesitant

Whenever on the path of the Earth affliction and I meet.

 

I’m ever unmindful of the worldly joy or sorrow,

But, an everlasting truth that I do always tell:

All the worldly beings now, today or tomorrow

Will undeniably get mingled with me without fail.

 

Impoverished, I’m unable to speak a sentence,

I’m never ever considered trustworthy or reliant;

Notwithstanding, my head like a Mother tolerant

Is exceptionally skilled at absorbing all the stress.

 

All the expeditions and evolutions since the dawn of creation, I

Have been watching with my eyes unblinking and vigilant;

I’m the dust particle beneath the Sky-

Deemed ever most negligible and reckoned most insignificant.

 

 

N. B.: The above poem is the English version of an Odia poem, "DHULI" written by Bidyut Prabha Devi

 Copyright: Dr Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 09.03.2023

 Image Courtesy: Google

N. B. If anyone wants to see his/her regional poems in English versions, he/she can send me the poems to my WhatsApp numbers :8270604524/8249297412.

No comments:

Post a Comment