Wednesday 15 March 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବିତା “ମୋ ପ୍ରିୟା" / TRANSLATED POEM “O MY DARLING!”

 




O MY DARLING!

 

Oh! At the chum chum sounds of your ankle strings

On the bank of life’s river rippling and refreshing,

The Sun gets startled, and the lotuses start blooming,

When a sweet language, from your lithe lips, springs!

 

Oh! The season of Spring arrives earlier on my life’s valley

As you cast a quick glance from the corner of your shy eye.

The rapture oozing from my life soars to the seventh sky

As you smile, and infinite ecstasy is fetched by Love pulley!

 

Oh! No sooner does the Moon peep at your sweetiful face

Than She stats rising, and shines steadily Her serene sheen.

When you snuggle down beside me in life’s unavoidable race

I feel blissfully replenished with the all the elations of heaven!

 

Oh! At your electrifying touch and galvanizing embrace

With endless and infinite joys my delirious heart dances,

And I fully forget myself. But, alas, when I find you in gloom,

The darkest nights of doldrums straight away in my life loom!

 

N.B. – The above poem is the English version of an Odia poem “MO PRIYA” written by Gobinda Chandra Tripathy.

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 15.03.2023

WhatsApp :8249297412/8270604524




No comments:

Post a Comment